What do Musicians, Instrumental do?
Play one or more musical instruments in recital, in accompaniment, or as members of an orchestra, band, or other musical group.
- Practice musical instrument performances, individually or in rehearsal with other musicians, to master individual pieces of music and to maintain and improve skills.
- Perform before live audiences.
- Specialize in playing a specific family of instruments and/or a particular type of music.
- Play musical instruments as soloists, or as members or guest artists of musical groups such as orchestras, ensembles, or bands.
- Play from memory or by following scores.
- Sight-read musical parts during rehearsals.
- Audition for orchestras, bands, or other musical groups.
- Provide the musical background for live shows such as ballets, operas, musical theatre, and cabarets.
- Transpose music to alternate keys, or to fit individual styles or purposes.
- Promote their own or their group's music by participating in media interviews and other activities.
- Make or participate in recordings in music studios.
- Direct bands or orchestras.
- Teach music for specific instruments.
- Compose original music such as popular songs, symphonies, or sonatas.
- Improvise music during performances.
Related Jobs (Musicians, Instrumental)